Saturday, May 23, 2009

Let me start out by saying, I am truly blessed to be able to put on an event like this.  I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but at times through the process of "planning", have gotten frustrated with going around and asking for things for this fundraiser.  (I am far from the kind of person who ever asks for help - I know I need to humble myself:)  ).  We all know that times are extra stressful financially, and not everyone is able to help out.  (Mainly restaurants for donating some kind of food grrrrr).  At the point that I feel like I can't ask anyone else for help and I start getting really frustrated, I stop; I look around at all of the amazing people that have wanted to help in some way.  All of the donated items for raffle, of course the amazing stylists that are donating their services and time, for the people that are taking their time out to help someone that THEY HAVE NEVER EVEN MET.  The generosity has trickled down to people who don't even know this family, or heck even know me!  I just want to thank Michelle for doing a mini fundraiser of her own, on behalf of Ellery.  It literally brings tears to my eyes to think that people are just so kind hearted, and they just want to help.  (THAT IS WHAT HUMBLES  ME, AND STRENGTHENS ME AS A PERSON).  As much as I know how grateful Ellery's family is, I also can say that Ellery has brought something special to us as well.  Her strong, little spirit is here for a reason.  She has a powerful will to live and she is an amazing, beautiful being that has been sent here to touch the lives of many, many people.  We are all so greatly blessed to be able to witness her strength and her fight for life.  So THANK YOU ELLERY!!!!!  We are all praying for you and your family!!!  Keep on fighting:)

No comments:

Post a Comment